Closed stream on page events

Kevin Hughes
I have an odd issue.  I am using iTextSharp 5.2.1.0 in a VS2010 web service.  I add a header and footer using the OnEndPage event and then write the document out to a directory.  This has worked correctly when testing locally and on the server the service is deployed on.  The only time I seem to be getting an issue is when using the service in conjunction with another web app/process, in this case a SharePoint workflow, calling the method.

The error is hit or miss, but I get "Cannot access a closed stream" returned from the service.  I have tracked the error down to the page event OnEndPage firing after a document.close is called.  If I ignore the exception in the event, I at least get the document generated but of course have no header/footer.  I do have other documents with simple text headers working without issue.  This header is a table that has a mix of text and an image.

Re: Closed stream on page events

Kevin Hughes
Just an update.  I gave up on trying to fix the actual issue and instead went an alternate route.  I found for certain that it was just the image causing the issue (I removed the image and had file generating with just a text header for a while without errors).  So instead, I have the header text being added using the events and use a stamper on the closed file afterwards to add the image into the header on each page.  This is allowing the document to generate without error.