ComboBox

Paquet, Christian (DE)

So I now have a Combo Box (DropDown) in my PDF.

PdfFormField dropDown = PdfFormField.CreateCombo(writer, true, tLstCSdesc, 0);

dropDown.SetWidget(new Rectangle(100, 700, 300, 720), PdfAnnotation.HIGHLIGHT_INVERT);

dropDown.FieldName = "dropDownList";

dropDown.ValueAsString = NomCS;

dropDown.MKBorderColor = Color.BLACK;

dropDown.BorderStyle = new PdfBorderDictionary(2, PdfBorderDictionary.STYLE_SOLID);

Now I want to know what choice the user as make.

If I try to get the information from the ValueAsString property.

I have the following message:

The property or indexer 'property' cannot be used in this context because it lacks the get accessor

I what to call back the program that as generated the PDF with the selected choice.

PdfAction ac = PdfAction.CreateSubmitForm("CalendrierPDF.aspx?date=" + PremierJourDuMois.ToShortDateString() + "&cs=" + dropDown.ValueAsString.ToString() + "&fonction=" + ViewState["fonction"].ToString(), null, 0);

dropDown.Action = ac;

writer.AddAnnotation(dropDown);

How do I do that?

Thanks

Christian Paquet

Re: ComboBox

Paulo Soares
You get the value with AcroFields.GetField().

Paulo

Re: ComboBox

Paquet, Christian (DE)
My PdfFormField "dropdown" does not have the methode GetField().

Base on my search on the net. It seem that GetField() is use with PDFreader
and PdfStamper.

I also saw it use with a PushButtonField.

How do I use "GetField()" in my situation?

My program has created a PDF file that is show to the user.

I have created a ComboBox that display a list of service center, he can
choose from.

When the user choose a different service center, I what to generate an other
PDF for that service center.

Is that possible?

I am already generating a new PDF when the user press PushbuttonField.

If not, is their an other way to do this?

Maybe with some JavaScript.

I attach the PDF with the new Drop Down List I am working on.

Thank

Christian

You get the value with AcroFields.GetField().

Paulo

CalendrierPDF.pdf (13K) Download Attachment

Re: ComboBox

Paulo Soares
PdfFormField creates new fields. From what I understand you don't need to read the field, the value is sent when submitting the form.

Paulo

Aviso Legal:
Esta mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao destinatário. Pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida. A incorrecta transmissão desta mensagem não significa a perca de confidencialidade. Se esta mensagem for recebida por engano, por favor envie-a de volta para o remetente e apague-a do seu sistema de imediato. É proibido a qualquer pessoa que não o destinatário de usar, revelar ou distribuir qualquer parte desta mensagem.

Disclaimer:
This message is destined exclusively to the intended receiver. It may contain confidential or legally protected information. The incorrect transmission of this message does not mean the loss of its confidentiality. If this message is received by mistake, please send it back to the sender and delete it from your system immediately. It is forbidden to any person who is not the intended receiver to use, distribute or copy any part of this message.

Re: ComboBox

Paquet, Christian (DE)
If the calendar show all (TOUS) the service center and the user want to see
a specific one. I want the possibility to generate a new PDF (calendar) for
the choose service center.

Thanks

Christian

PdfFormField creates new fields. From what I understand you don't need to
read the field, the value is sent when submitting the form.

Paulo

bip.jpg (115K) Download Attachment

Re: ComboBox

Paulo Soares
That's a project decision question, not an itextsharp one. When you submit the values to the server you may generate a new pdf to replace the one you are seeing or show a web site or something else, it's your decision.

Paulo

The users choose a service center from the list (DropDown).

I need to way to know that choice.

Form which I will create a new PDF.

I have buttons (previous month, next month) that when press I generate a new
PDF for that month.  I use a PdfAction for that.

I want to do the same but with a DropDown list.

Christian Paquet
(819) 820-3280, poste 533

That's a project decision question, not an itextsharp one. When you submit
the values to the server you may generate a new pdf to replace the one you
are seeing or show a web site or something else, it's your decision.

Paulo

When you hit the submit button all the fields are sent including what you selected in the combo box.

Paulo

Sorry Paulo.

I need more explication.

What is the submit button?

I do not have that in the created PDF.

I what the PDF to call back the program that generated the PDF with the
choose Service Center.

PdfAction ac = PdfAction.CreateSubmitForm("CalendrierPDF.aspx?cs=" +
dropDown.ValueAsString.ToString(), null, 0);

dropDown.Action = ac;

Thank

Christian Paquet
819) 820-3280, poste 533

When you hit the submit button all the fields are sent including what you
selected in the combo box.

Paulo

	anthonyzz
Not sure about this solution, but you may read something about the dropdown in UI combobox.