FIPS error

debbiebicer
Receiving error:  This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

Client must have FIPS turned on.  Has anyone gotten past this (without turning FIPS off)?

Here are more details on the error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.]
   System.Security.Cryptography.MD5CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +1566754
   iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfEncryption.CreateDocumentId() +35
   iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfStamperImp.Close(Hashtable moreInfo) +2906
   iTextSharp.text.pdf.PdfStamper.Close() +28

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Thanks for your time,
Debbie Bicer

Re: FIPS error

Paulo Soares-3
You'll have to turn it off, PDFs require MD5 and that's not an approved algorithm. In the next release I'll use the BouncyCastle crypto to get rid of the error.

Paulo

Aviso Legal:
Esta mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao destinatário. Pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida. A incorrecta transmissão desta mensagem não significa a perca de confidencialidade. Se esta mensagem for recebida por engano, por favor envie-a de volta para o remetente e apague-a do seu sistema de imediato. É proibido a qualquer pessoa que não o destinatário de usar, revelar ou distribuir qualquer parte desta mensagem.

Disclaimer:
This message is destined exclusively to the intended receiver. It may contain confidential or legally protected information. The incorrect transmission of this message does not mean the loss of its confidentiality. If this message is received by mistake, please send it back to the sender and delete it from your system immediately. It is forbidden to any person who is not the intended receiver to use, distribute or copy any part of this message.

Re: FIPS error

Paulo Soares-3
PDF encryption requires MD5, a non compliant algorithm, and it can't be replaced by any other. The BouncyCastle library avoids the error but MD5 is stil used. If you can't use MD5 you can't use PDFs. (I'm forwarding this to the mailing list for archiving)

Paulo

divyar
Now that itextsharp uses MD5 for PDFs, there's no way out to get the PDFs generated with FIPS mode on?
Is there any new version released that will use only FIPS compliance algorithms for PDFs?