Importing and exporting vector graphics to pdf with iTextSharp
I am new here and new to iTextSharp and I am stuck....
It is a MS console exe and needs to be just that.
I am also new to .net and pdf programming. My general programming knowledge is decent but rusty......
What I am trying to do:
- Create a Chart in Visual Studio 2012 / VB (OK)
- Save it as a bitmap to a file stream (OK)
- Create (pdf) file stream with iTextSharp and add some text (OK)
- Add the Chart bitmap filestream to the pdf filestream and write as pdf to disk (OK)
However, the bitmap result is quite poor, even with all aliasing options on. So I want to save the Chart to the filestream in vector format (OK).
- MS IMF formats are the only vector formats supported/exported by the MS Graph Chart control.
- iTextSharp PdfWriter only imports bitmaps, so the vector graph can not be imported.
So what are my options? Creating the graphs as raw pdf is not an option....
I read somewhere that pdfStamper supports vector graphics and I have tried but failed miserably; can not find a way to pass vector data to the pdf stream.
Any ideas out there?
I think I need some fairly hands-on, newbie-friendly help with VB.net "Hello World" code on how to import vector graph code for this to proceed...