Question for Allow PdfReader to overcome missing entry /Type in /Root/Pages

Question for Allow PdfReader to overcome missing entry /Type in /Root/Pages

Bhavin
We are using iTextSharp 5.5.7 version to merge PDF files. Now for some PDF files, it is not merging PDF and throwing error.
After getting source and checking, we came to know that some PDFs have no "/Type" in bytes and thats why it throws error. We skip that exception and merged PDFs without any issue.

Now if we skip that Exception, I want to know What is the use of "/Type" in pdf bytes. If we skip that will it create any other issue ?