Time-out at Image.GetInstance(New Uri("http://www.test.com/test.jpg"))

Being
i've got System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out error about the line that try to get image from url

Dim testImage As Image = Image.GetInstance(New Uri("http://www.test.com/test.jpg"))

that image url is just for an example, the real url i've used can load the image no problem on browser. The reason i know the time out error come from this line because if i change the image path to be the local image
Image.GetInstance(Server.MapPath("images/test.jpg"))
then there'd be no problem creating pdf.

any suggestion to solve the time out problem? Thanks.

Re: Time-out at Image.GetInstance(New Uri("http://www.test.com/test.jpg"))

Paulo Soares
I don't see where a timeout from an URL has anything to do with iText.

Paulo

Aviso Legal:
Esta mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao destinatário. Pode conter informação confidencial ou legalmente protegida. A incorrecta transmissão desta mensagem não significa a perca de confidencialidade. Se esta mensagem for recebida por engano, por favor envie-a de volta para o remetente e apague-a do seu sistema de imediato. É proibido a qualquer pessoa que não o destinatário de usar, revelar ou distribuir qualquer parte desta mensagem.

Disclaimer:
This message is destined exclusively to the intended receiver. It may contain confidential or legally protected information. The incorrect transmission of this message does not mean the loss of its confidentiality. If this message is received by mistake, please send it back to the sender and delete it from your system immediately. It is forbidden to any person who is not the intended receiver to use, distribute or copy any part of this message.

Re: Time-out at Image.GetInstance(New Uri("http://www.test.com/test.jpg"))

Being
i've tried on a stand alone computer and it works! but it doesn't work on my server. I wonder what cause the time out error? ( i still think it should be from Image.GetInstance(New Uri("http://www.test.com/test.jpg")). Is it because of the work load or do i need to Close() an instance/object or something? but can image object be closed?
here's some error bit
---
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out
---
[WebException: The operation has timed-out.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +236
   iTextSharp.text.Image.GetInstance(Uri url) +53
----
is there anything i can do? :(

Paulo Soares wrote
I don't see where a timeout from an URL has anything to do with iText.

Paulo

Problem solved. It just need to put the url in host file, in case there's someone experience the same problem. Thanks :D

Being wrote