datamatrix barcode

Fabrizio Accatino
Hello,

at the moment iText / iTextSharp  does not support Datamatrix barcodes.
Is there a plan to support them in the future?

In the meantime is there a solution to workaround the problem? any free tools/library, java or net ? Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Fabrizio

Re: datamatrix barcode

Paulo Soares

> at the moment iText / iTextSharp  does not support Datamatrix barcodes.
> Is there a plan to support them in the future?

When I did the PDF417 barcode my company had a need for it and I had a
justification to buy the ISO specifications. I don't have that need for the
datamatrix and spend 100 Euro in the ISO/IEC 16022:2000 just for curiosity
is not my kind of fun. If I ever have the need I'll do it. If I'm offered
the specifications I may do it.

> In the meantime is there a solution to workaround the problem? any free
> tools/library, java or net ? Any suggestion?

There's nothing free.

Paulo

> Thank you very much.
>
> Fabrizio

> your

Re: datamatrix barcode

	anthonyzz
Fabrizio Accatino wrote
Hello,

at the moment iText / iTextSharp  does not support Datamatrix barcodes.
Is there a plan to support them in the future?

In the meantime is there a solution to workaround the problem? any free
tools/library, java or net ? Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Fabrizio
Data Matrix symbols are made up of modules arranged within a perimeter finder and timing pattern. Data Matrix codes, along with other Open Source codes such as 1D Barcodes can also be read with mobile phones by downloading code specific mobile applications. Although the majority of these mobile readers are capable of reading Data Matrix, few extend the decoding to enable mobile access and interaction, whereupon the codes can be used securely and across media. There are still more info about Datamatrix barcodes, if it is helpful for you, follow the guide to gain more, hope it helps.